STEP THREE WORKSHEETS
*Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., has neither endorsed, nor
are they affiliated with, the 'Composition or Distribution' of These
These Step Study Worksheets are only meant to be another tool in helping the alcoholic on his 12 Step Journey, to better understand the Basic and Simple approach to practicing the Steps, as they are ... 'Laid Out In The Basic Text Of The Big Book' of Alcoholics Anonymous...
People often review their Step Worksheets on their One Year
Anniversary and notice how far they have come in their understanding of
the disease of alcoholism addiction.
You don't have to show these worksheets to anyone, they are to help you
understand your personal experience with alcohol. However, you will probably want to "Discuss With Your Sponsor" some of the incidents on
STAY IN 'TODAY' --- YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
"As we felt 'New Power' flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became 'Conscious' of His presence, we began to lose our 'Fear' of today, tomorrow or the hereafter." (Big Book, Pg. 63)
We Were Now At STEP THREE... Many of us said to our Maker,
as we understood Him:
"God, I offer myself to Thee --
To build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt.
Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better
do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory
over them may bear witness to those I would help
of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of Life."
May I Do Thy Will Always!"
(Step Three Prayer, Big Book, Pg. 63)
"There are those, too, who suffer from grave Emotional and Mental disorders, but many of them do 'Recover if they have the capacity to be 'Honest'."
(Big Book, Pg. 58)
TO BEGIN STEP THREE 'FIRST REVIEW' THE FOLLOWING:
1a) Big Book, Chapter 5, 'HOW IT WORKS', Pages 58 thru 64
It Is 'STRONGLY' Suggested You 'Read And Listen' To The Above 'SEVERAL' Times
'BEFORE' Continuing This Process...
1b) Audio: How It Works 'Step 3' mp3 (7 min) listen/burn here
2) The God Thing: The Spirit Of Your Conscience? View/Print here
3) Gratitude List: How Grateful Are You Today? View/Print here
STEP 3: "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God ... as we understood Him."
*A suggested 'Thought' to consider for Step 3 - "SURRENDER and TRUST."
1. If things were being managed by a 'Power' Greater Than Yourself in a way that would work out in your best interests, what would your attitude be?
2. If you thought you had 'No Power' to control events, outcomes, or a particular person, how would you behave differently?
3. If nobody or nothing had control over you, what would you do
differently with your life?
4. How would you feel?
5. What is the most loving, most nurturing thing available to you right
now that you can use to take care of yourself and enjoy life?
6. Do you question whether or not you are capable of being 'Honest' with yourself? (If you do, you are Not.)
7. The state of mind you are asked to have when you start the Steps -
honesty, fearlessness, thoroughness and a 'Willingness' to go to any
length - Is this your state of mind?
8. What is the value of half measures?
8. Are you convinced a life run on 'Self-Will' can hardly be successful?
9. Can you see the effects of 'Self-Centeredness' in your life?
10. How have you been 'Self-Centered'?
11. Did you know that you cannot significantly reduce Self-Centeredness' by Wishing or by Relying on your 'Will-Power'? (Big Book, Pg. 62)
12. Are you willing to make the Decision that is set forth in the last paragraph on page 62 in our Big Book?
13. What is your perception of the Spirit of God, or the Spirit of your Higher Power?
14. We must find a 'Spiritual Basis' for Life- or else. (Big Book, Pg. 44)
15. I was to test my thinking by the new God-consciousness 'Within.'
What does this mean? (Big Book, Pg. 13)
16. To begin this journey, could the Spirit of Your Conscience be a 'Vehicle' to communicate with a Higher Power, as you understand Him/Her ... Or Don't understand Him/Her or It?
17. Are you sincerely 'Willing' to make this Decision, to have the 'Willingness' to Find that new God-Consciousness 'Within,' and to begin your Step 4?
IN CLOSING... KEEP IT SIMPLE!
RECALL Again What Was Stated In Our Big Book:
"Once more: The alcoholic at certain times has No Effective Mental Defense Against 'The First Drink'. Except in a few rare cases, neither he nor any other human being can provide such a defense. His 'Defense' must come from 'A Higher Power'."
(Big Book, Pg. 43)
"Though our 'Decision was a vital and crucial step, it could have 'Little Permanent Effect' unless 'At Once' followed by a strenuous effort to face, and to be rid of, the things in ourselves which had been blocking us. Our 'Liquor Was But A Symptom'. So we had to get down to Causes and Conditions.
Therefore, we started on a Personal Inventory... This Was Step Four."
(Big Book, Pg. 64)
Call Your Sponsor ... You Have No Time To Waste ... Start Your 4th Step ... Now !
THERE IS A SOLUTION,
THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE,
THE SOLUTION IS . . . 'SPIRITUAL'!!!
In Fellowship... _______________________________
Call Anytime... (H) ___________________________
*Any Additional Questions Or Comments...
Source: Our fellow alcoholics webpages across the world wide web. We Thank You!...
© 2003-2018 gts-today all rights reserved