STEP SIX WORKSHEETS
*Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., has neither endorsed, nor
are they affiliated with, the 'Composition or Distribution' of These
These Step Study Worksheets are only meant to be another tool in helping
the alcoholic on there 12 Step Journey, to better understand the Basic and
Simple approach to practicing the Steps, as they are ...
'Laid Out In The Basic Text 0f The Big Book' of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Let Us Now Look At STEP SIX...
"We have emphasized 'Willingness' as being Indispensable. Are we now ready to Let God remove from us all the things which we have Admitted are objectionable? Can He now take them all - Every One? If we still cling to something we will not let go, we ask God to Help Us Be Willing." (Big Book Pg. 76)
When I was Drinking and in Trouble, I wanted my Higher Power To Do Everything for me.
I was willing and able To Do Nothing.
Now I realize that I have to Turn It Over to my Higher Power, but I have To Do My Part. Do I now have the 'Willingness' to do this?
TO BEGIN STEP SIX 'FIRST REVIEW' THE FOLLOWING:
1) Alcoholics Anonymous, Big Book, Chapter 6: Into Action - Page 76.
1a) Audio: 'Step 6' mp3 (14 min) listen/burn here
It Is 'STRONGLY' Suggested You 'Read And Listen' To The Above 'SEVERAL' Times
'BEFORE' Continuing This Process...
STEP 6: "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."
*A suggested 'Thought' to consider for Step 6 - "WILLINGNESS."
"Entire" Willingness to be rid of defects of character is a product of thorough work on Steps 4 and 5. Step 6 in the Big Book is but a few lines.
At the end of completing Step 5 , did you beleive that obsessions with
lust and anger could be removed? Did entire Willingness to proceed occur?
The 12&12 on page 40 offered a shot of reality. In it's Step 3, are the words,
"Nothing short of 'Continuous Action' upon these remaining steps as a Way of Life can bring the much-desired result."
"Progress Not Perfection" appears a timely reminder at moments of confusion and doubt
about the veracity of AA's 12 Step Process.
1. What is the significance of the sentence, "This is the step that separates the men from
2. Is Will-Power and Trying Harder a part of your success in doing this Step?
3. What are the defects of character which you recognize in yourself and which you believe stand in the way of your usefulness to your fellows.
4. Do my character defects still have me do things I do not want to do but I do them
anyway and get into trouble?
5. Are some of my character defects enjoyable because they give me pleasure?
6. Do I really want to be able to manage my character defects or do I want to continue
to be managed by them?
7. Which character defects am I ready to give up?
8. Which character defects am I still Unwilling to give up?
9. What are you asked to do about these defects?
10. Consider also those defects which you feel 'Do Not' stand in the way of your usefulness to others.
11. Am I now Willing to ask my Higher Power for the Willingness to do what I have to do, to Rid Myself of these
PROMPTLY CONTINUE ON TO STEP 7 ... With ... MORE ACTION !!!
THERE IS A SOLUTION,
THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE,
THE SOLUTION IS . . . 'SPIRITUAL'!!!
In Fellowship... _______________________________
Call Anytime... (H) ___________________________
*Any Additional Questions Or Comments...
Source: Our fellow alcoholics webpages across the world wide web. We Thank You!...
© 2005-2014 gts-today all rights reserved